Thursday, January 31, 2013

Noodlefy

I just Noodlefied my wife's bike as the last (maybe) part of an ongoing upgrading/modernizing. I have joined the comfortable stoked masses of folks who believe that this bar is ultimate drop bar, and luckily my wife agrees. Anyway, a new cockpit isn't that big of a deal but I was especially happy to try mounting the original Campy downtube shifters on those awesome Rivendell/Shimano mounts. The shifters work really well with the mount since they already have a flat non-radiused backside, the range of motion is good- no sticking straight up into the handlebar area, and on a wide bar like the Noodle they are out of knee knocking reach. I'm really stoked that Riv sells those mounts separately because as far as I know, no one else does, and it's the cheapest way to to get a reasonable shifter location for an old road bike.

That sweep back, so good

No comments:

Post a Comment