Monday, May 2, 2011

Sekai?

My buddy Gabe just got this 83 0r 84 Sekai. Can't find much about the frame, but it's fully lugged, has that nice wide flat fork crown, and Shimano adjustable rear dropouts. Parts are a mix of nice and okay, it's got the Suntour power ratchets, those super long DiaCompe levers/brakes, but most of the build is nothing to write home about. Gabe is already tearing it apart to make something awesome and I can't wait to see what he comes up with. Sounds like he's got a long history of building/riding/and brazing bikes, so the outcome should be interesting. Here she is:



sorry sideways
Same fork crown as my 84 Diamondback
seat cluster
Long dudes
I love this style of long chainstays


These bad stickers wont last long.
Gnarly bmx stem
Those same foam grips the stumpy used in that era.


1 comment:

  1. I just got the same bike at a store for 80 bucks in fair condition, no idea what model it's, let me know if you find the model name.

    ReplyDelete